It occurred to me that the Holiday Season is upon us, and that many people will be exchanging gifts this year. Until recently, I didn’t really give it much thought. And while I’m sitting at the airport, waiting for my flight, what better time than now to ponder the wonderful gifts I could receive.
Of course, I could wish for any manner of outrageous items, such as an Aston Martin, a house, or a private plane. However, it behooves me to keep it in the practical range.
10. Well, as I’ll probably have plenty of hearty meals (like most of us), I would like to start my wish list off with a Concept 2 road bike. This bike will allow me to train for the upcoming triathlon. With a bit of a hefty price tag (less than $2000 US) this bike could get me through a whole season of rough riding.
9. Seeing how more-often-than-not I spend a whole lot of time behind the wheel of a car, I figure that time could be better spent listening to quality music. And since my CD changer has many of the top classical musical pieces, I was hoping some variety: An Yngwie Malmsteen CD. Yngwie is probably the “world’s fastest rock guitarist” and he originated (or at least highly influenced) the new genre of “neo-classical” guitar - which is essentially classical music played at a fast pace with rock guitars. I love his playing so much, that I would be quite happy with a simple CD, to be honest.
8. Recently I ran into Christian - who is a chef from France. Christian is actually a chocolatier, and hand makes his own chocolate: a quite innovative design similar to a “jewelry box” with chocolate pebbles in it. Funny thing that the box is superb tasting itself (so I heard). That would go hand-in-hand with the Concept 2 bike (#10).
7. One item which I’ve had my eye on for quite some time is the Breitling Transocean Chronograph. The watch is brilliant in design, and smooth-looking and rough-looking at the same time. This contrast in the design is what appeals to me a lot.
6. Considering that in the past few weeks much of my time has been spent making videos, I could really do with one of them new digital camcorders, such as the Canon VIXIA HF M301 Flash Memory Camcorder. In particular, I like the digital recording aspects, and the on-the-fly features of this camcorder.
5. Some time ago, while visiting a client, I wondered into a Salvadore Ferragamo store. VERY nice products, but “Gulp!” - pricey. In particular, one pair of shoes got my attention.
4. Then again, what would make a better gift, than, say, a Mauii trip?
3. Now the other day, I was strolling past Brookstone, and I saw the coolest remote control helicopter. This is by far one of the best ways to blow steam after a long grueling day. Eh, J.D.?
2. Since I’m in the technology field, of course the list wouldn’t be complete without my favorite, a tablet. But not just any tablet. Viewsonic has got a new tablet which is dual-boot. It runs both Windows, and Android - well, not at the same time, but it can run both! This is amazing, because I cannot find any Android app to replace certain things that are a must for me and exist in Windows, and at the same time it can run Android (which is by far one of the best tablet OSes).
1. And of course, last but not least: A TALL BLOND. I think either a Corona, or Heineken for me, with my friends.